Sunday 23 October 2016

Paper Quilling Workshop

About 4 weeks ago I went to the big shopping mall called Q’s Mall and found there one shop, which is artisans and artists wonderland. ABC Graft. It’s a big big shop, containing anything you need for the artwork. I was moving around between the shelves and there were lots of workshops going one there also, all kind of.
On workshop did catch my eye more than others. They were doing something I never seen before and I stopped to watch. The teacher asked, do I like it! Ooh, somebody is speaking ...in English! I said, I do like it and  very much and I would like to enjoy. She told me, that she will be there every forth Saturday and if I’d like to come, is better to have a ring to the staff,  before I come up and gave me a flier. It was a Paper Quilling Workshop.
I booked the place for me the same day and I was lucky, as there were just few places left. The date was 22nd October.
I had to cancel one other meeting on this day, as I couldn’t miss it.  As that place isn’t that far, only some 4 km from my mansion, I had a walk to get there.  Lately i’ve been walking nearly everywhere.
It was easy to go there, as it was near by the tallest building you can see.  Standing at 300m, Abeno Harukas in Osaka is the tallest skyscraper in Japan.


My class started 2pm. Master of this workshop was Ms. Keico Tomato, Master of Paper Quilling.
All together there were  6 enthusiasts. All others been earlier in this class, except me.
Two people made tree leaves, two made Santa, cannot remember the one made and I made  acorns.
As most people know, I’ve been a Menswear tailor 35 old good years. So making something by hands not strange for me that strange. But this quilling work is so different. Details are so tiny and I had real trouble to handle them:) But all this mastering was pure pleasure and I just fall in love with it.

If you have a good look, the necklace Keico is wearing, is an paper quilling necklace:) So beautiful and original!

I am so glad and happy, I met such a wonderful artist Keico Tomato. Thank you so much for teaching me. Love Eha

No comments:

Post a Comment